Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cafe Cre Asion - Macaron Mania!


It is currently macaron mania in the Ramen Raff household. Aside from being  pastry morsels that come in various goody flavours, they are an absolute work of art. They've been locally brought to us by the likes of  Jean-Michel Raynaud and Adriano Zumbo. Now, there's a new pastry Chef in town named Yu Sasaki.
Thanks to Chocolatesuze, I discovered a hidden gem owned by Chef Yu called Cafe Cre  Asion. They sell amazing macarons with flavours that will blow you away! It's a new and humble cafe tucked away in Alberta Street Surry Hills.










Even with the heavy rain this Thursday afternoon, with all my ramen power, I ventured out to Cafe Cre Asion. No rain will keep me away from my precious macarons! As I entered the premises, the heavenly looking macarons welcomed me. Chef Yu, kindly assisted me with picking the flavours. Besides buying a box of 8 macarons which cost $21, I bought extra 3 (at $2.70 each) macarons to devour while I stayed and had a chat with Chef Yu. The caramel and Dear Chris (based on Universal restaurant's golden gaytime dessert) flavours.
Box of 8 macarons ($19)

Top left to bottom right: green tea, lemonade, caramel, vanilla, pistachio


The macarons had delicate shells and very slight chewy texture in the middle. They are perfect. The caramel flavour was my absolute favourite (apparently, so does most of Chef Yu's customers). It tastes like dulce de leche but less of the overpowering sweetness. As Chocolatesuze mentioned in her post, the pistachio macaron tasted exactly like a pistachio nut (my second favourite) The green tea macaron was nutty in taste with matcha tea flavour after-taste. The lemonade was citrus in taste but not acidic. The vanilla macaron was like most vanilla macarons. I liked it too!





Cafe Cre Asion macarons has the great potential of becoming the next big macaron phenomenon. The taste stays true to its flavours names. The macarons at Cafe Cre Asion is yummy for my tummy! 
Cafe Cre Asion
21 Alberta St
Surry Hills NSW 
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 4:00pm
Sat 9:00am to 4:00pm

Cafe Cre Asion on Urbanspoon

Cafe Cre Asion on Urbanspoon

12 comments:

  1. It looks Devine! Can't wait to visit! Remember the mission raff.. Ube and macapuno macaron.. We are on to something! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've seen your tweets all afternoon and good on you for braving the rain to get some macs, how rewarding! I'm lucky I don't work in the CBD but I think I might have to stop by one day before heading into uni one day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeahhhh macarons baby woooooot!!! I forsee my paycheck being invested into the happiness that is macarons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gianna - definitely visit this place soon. As good as Baroque's macarons. Before the end of the year, I will create the ube & macapuno macarons! I will set aside a good batch for you :) 

    Hi Phuoc'n Delicious - It's worth the travel! They are really good! Do visit them soon.

    Hi Suze - yes yes yes! macarons baby! same with my paychecks hehehe thanks again! My wifey loves the macarons too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha looks like we all affected the Macarons virus by chocolatesuze

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha love it how not even the heavy crazy rain can keep you away from your macarons! looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. craving again .. :D i really want to try yuzu!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi muppy - yes, they both look and taste beautiful! 

    Hi obesebaby - we certainly did! lol

    Hi idontcryieat - hahaha if it's macaron or ramen I crave, nothing gets in my way! Nothing!  :p

    Hi Vivian - they are the best! I went again yesterday hehehe will go back later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i walked all the way from york st to cre asion...made it 10mins before closing but so sad that most flavours were sold out >-<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Ramen Raff, it was great to meet you the other day too. The caramel was Cheesecake Boy and my favourite too, must go back for some more. My macaron addiction has definitely resurfaced again, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you've got me curious as I've only ever had 1 macaron before and can't even remember what flavour it was.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.