Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My day at the Master Chef Live - Australia's cooking event


My very loving and sweet wife surprised me with a complimentary pass to the Masterchef live event the day before. Friday came and at 10:10a.m., I queued up with the rest of Sydney’s foodies to get in. Soon as I entered the Royal Hall of Industries @ the Entertainment Quarter I was like a kid in a candy store! I was surrounded by so many food stalls.
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Truffle

But before taste testing and eating, I started the day by attending a chocolate cooking demo. The chef at that cooking demo taught us how to make dark chocolate salted caramel truffles! All of us in the demo had one truffle each to taste test. As I bite through this little delight, I felt the velvet smoothness in my tongue, followed by the sweetness then the slight salty taste cuts through the sweet hit.
Macaron Tower

Kylie Minogue eclair

Organic Chips

Manna from heaven

Chocolates

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

Sweet Art cakes and cupcakes

Sublime Gelato

Mango and Vanilla Bean Gelato from Pure Gelato




Mayfield chocolates

Tejas chocolates

Adriano Zumbo's macarons

I could no longer contain myself, so right after the demo, I went for the food stalls. It was food, sweets and condiments galore. I took photos, taste tested and ate gelatos, cheese, cupcakes, chocolates, macarons, organic chips, dips, pastas, meat, deli products and the list goes on.
Kylie Kwong

At 11:30am, I went to Kylie Kwong's cooking demo. As I stood waiting, I turned around and there was Ms. Kwong, smiling at me. I was star struck as she said "Hi" to me. She demonstrated three basic ways of cooking three different types of tofu. She even gave us a background story about tofu and which ingredients went well with them. It was definitely a wonderful and special experience just being taught by Kylie Kwong live and in person.

I then went on and visited the rest of the other stalls inside the hall.
Pork Belly Wraps

Margherita Pizza

Just when I thought that was all the food stalls, there were more outside!
Masterchef Judges Gary and Mat
Just before I left the event, I saw the Masterchef judges Gary, George and Matt!


I ended it with a seafood cooking class. Here is the finish product, Marinated Grilled barbecue prawns:

Marinated barbecue prawns that I cooked (I endeavour to improve on my food presentation)

I hope that there will be a Masterchef live for 2011 as everything that I tasted in this event was very Yummy for my Tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.