Friday, December 24, 2010

Malacca Straits, Broadway - Amazingly Malaysian!

After a great massive feast at a friend's event, my wife and I headed to the City. Though our tummies were full from lunch, we were still keen to explore this humble Malaysian restaurant. My friends at work have been raving about it, so we had to finally try it.

On Mountain Street., we walked towards Parramatta Road and came across the restaurant sign on the left hand side of the street. It directed us to a courtyard and the restaurant was at the right hand corner.
Satay Chicken
Roti Canai

We sat down and went through the menu which had all-time Malaysian favourites (and some Thai dishes). We settled for four savoury dishes: The Roti Canai with curry dip, Satay chicken, Nasi Goreng, and the Assam Ikan.

All the dishes were nice but two stood out, the Nasi Goreng and Assam Ikan.
Nasi Goreng

Their Nasi Goreng is the best I've had so far. It wasn't too salty, it was a little bit sweet, and had a hint of spiciness. It had a great serving of chicken and prawns.

Assam Ikan

The Assam Ikan on the other hand, has now become one of my favourite dishes. It is right up there in my top 5! It had chunks of fish fillet perfectly cooked, vegetables, and some pineapple pieces. It looked like a rich and hearty dish, but it's not. The sourness from the tamarind just keeps pulling me in to keep having more. It was a little bit sweet and slightly spicy. I swear, I didn't want to stop eating! I loved it!

Banana fritters with vanilla ice cream

We then ended our dinner with a nice Banana Fritters with vanilla ice cream.

I definitely recommend Malacca Straits @ Broadway as the service was superb and the dishes were very yummy for my tummy!

Malacca Straits Malaysian and Thai Restaurant
5/66 Mountain Street
Ultimo NSW 2007

Malacca Straits on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thiis is very fascinating, You're an overly professional blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and ook ahead too in quest of extra of
    your wonderful post. Additionally, I have shared your web site in my
    social networks

    Feel free to surf to mmy blog post garage cabinet ()

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.