Thursday, May 26, 2016

Guilty, Darlinghurst - Bar and burgers


A lot of burger joints have opened in Sydney this year and I'm slowly working my way through them. But when Melbourne's renowned Burger Maestro opens his own burger place, you make it your priority to hit it up ASAP. I've been following Jimmy Hurslton (a.k.a. @Jimmysburgers) for years and his instagram account has been my go to guide for Melbourne burger recommendations. He has been to almost every (probably "all") legit burger place in Melbourne, Sydney and beyond. He is also the owner of Easy's in Melbourne. Bottomline is, this guy knows everything of what makes an excellent burger.



Batman brew

Guilty is his latest baby and is located in the heart of Darlinghurst. It's actually more of  well-rounded bar than it is a burger place. But my visit was really for the burgers because "no burger no life" right?

The Kecksburger ($10) is their house cheeeseburger with salad, onions, pickles, ketchup and mustard in a soft potato bun. I prefer my cheeseburger without salad but this is an exception. It's well constructed and the salad doesn't take the attention away from the melted cheese and the tasty juicy patty.

Then there's my favourite, the rowdy double jeopardy ($17). This is where their flame grilled perfectly cooked and seasoned beef patties shine. Just like the kecksburger, the patties contain coarsely mince beef. The good thing about the coarsely minced beef is that it created pockets of juice and chunks of meat for amazing texture. Double the patty and double cheese gives this classic cheeseburger with a twist that extra umami and juicy factor. It also came with ketchup and mustard.

The tots to life ($6) is their tater tots with a twist. Deep fried morsels of potato that's super crisped on the outside and fluffy in the inside. They then take it up a notch by topping it up with melted cheese, crispy bacon pieces and caramelised onions.

A sweet combo of fast service, quality booze, outstanding burgers, deep fried stuff and hiphop tracks, you can't go wrong with Jimmy's joint. If lovin' this place is a crime, then I'm GUILTY as charged!

Guilty
248 Palmer Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010

Opening Hours:

Monday to Sunday 11am to 10pm
Guilty Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

4 comments:

  1. I loved easey's I must check out and get guilty-ed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I think the Rowdy double jeopardy has been the best burger I've eaten in 2016 so far, every ingredient worked so well. None of the frou frou. Super laid back as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easily on my next to-go list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe I still haven't made it here. The burgers look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what ya think, aight! Would love to hear from ya.